Monday, April 30, 2012

Blitz Blogging: Birchbox April 2012

After most of the estheticians I work with started raving about being able to sample products every month with no effort of searching around stores or the web, I caved and forked over a $10.00 USD per month subscription to Birchbox. I am not disappointed! I get 5-6 samples of really great products, most of which I adore and usually one of which I could skip...but those are for gifting, yeh!

First off, my pass-product, Wonderstruck Perfum by Taylor Swift. What can I say I am not a fan of hers or her perfum; I hate the smell, so lets just leave it at that. (Find this product here.)

Moving on to the good stuff-- three amazing products from one ecocentric company. Pangea Organics  Egyptian Fennel with Grapefruit and Sweet Orange Lip Balm has blown my mind. I received a full-sized tube in my Birchbox, and full-size to Pangea is over-size, i.e. about twice as much as any other balm/lipstick/gloss will ever be! Now I want to try the other scents/flavors but will probably never finish the tube... dilemma... (Find this product here.)

Pangea Organics Turkish Rose and White Tea Eye Cream for all skin types is very smooth, hydrating, and very little goes a very long way. My tiny little sample pack actually lasted me over a week using it twice daily. Wonder how far a full-size tube will get me...and if you couldn't tell from the name, it smells fantastic! It also never caused even the slightest bit of irritation on my sensitive skin and eyes. (Find this product here.)

Pangea Organics Egyptian Geranium with Adzuki Bean and Cranberry Facial Scrub for all skin types is a thick but workable scrub that is lovely and smells very good, but I am not convinced it does more/better than any other scrub I own. That said, for any of you looking for a natural or organic way to polish your visage to a healthy glow, look no further because this is a treat to use. (Find this product here.)

Weleda Pomegranate Firming Day Cream was really the biggest surprise in my Birchbox this month. Since I have problems with oil and blemishes, I had to force myself to start using this even though I thought it might really mess with the tentative balance of my skin this spring. I was wrong--it works great even for my oily skin! After using it all week, my skin feels firmer and more evenly hydrated than before, and I don't seem to be creating as much oil throughout my long work days.  Tip of the hat to Weleda for this diamond in the rough. (Find this product here.)

Benta Berry G-1 Exfoliating Cleanser is again your more natural version of the average scrub, but I do find it a bit more drying than the Pangea formula I tested out. I also like the scent a little less; however, this is a less-expensive option for the natural scrub market and an excellent option for travel as it comes in a 1 oz/30 ml tube. (Find this product here.)

You can sign up to receive your very own Birchbox sent to your door at Birchbox.com!

1 comment:

  1. hey nice goodies :) do check my blog may be we follow each other
    www.beautifullflavya.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete