Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Mood Boost: MAC Play It Proper Beauty Powder

$22.00 for 0.35 oz
As far as I know, this is a limited edition product from MACs Stylishly Yours collection (which had a lot of eye and lip colors I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole). This was one of the only highlights of my day (no pun intended) and is possibly one of the only products I could every see myself being able to use as a highlighter, blush, and all over powder depending on the time of year or occasion. The powder is smooth and finely milled and doesn't dust up at the slightest stroke. This is gonna last me quite a while, so I'm really happy with the purchase and price. Play It Proper is a very pale pink in the pan with a frosty finish but swatches far more neutral nude (or pale beige) than pink. The under tone is there but it's quite subtle.



I think this is very flattering and versatile for fair skinned ladies or gents but may be a total waste for darker skin. Of course, it could serve as a nice highlighter to bring some light to the face, but I don't know that you will use this much of just highlighter. (That's totally irrelevant if you love frostiness on your face because this is good for that.)

Play It Proper with flash on NW15 skin

Play It Proper in overcast daylight on NW15 skin
I am having one of the worst days in recent memory. I woke up super grouchy and irritated, smacked my head in the basement because Sparky got down there, can't get much done, blogging, cleaning or otherwise, and my eyelids are doing something really weird! Eff my life right now, I need chocolate. Who's with me?
Physician's Formula Organics Tinted Moisturizer on skin, e.l.f. Cream Eyeliner in Coffee, Dior Incognito on eyes, Kirkland Mascara, MAC Play It Proper on cheeks, and Dior Addict Lipcolor in Pink Bustier on lips
Beauty Newb Rating:✪✪✪✩✩
See, don't my eyelids looked messed up? It's a little uncomfortable. I need to get better sleep, which reminds me, I used Dior Skinflash in Candlelight under my eyes. Just FYI.

No comments:

Post a Comment