Thursday, October 6, 2011

Preemptive Plump Attack--Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Concealer

$19.50 for 0.2oz/5.8g
Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Ultra Lift and Firm Concealer is a medium coverage, hydrating concealer. I expected Ceramide products to give a little extra hydration, which I thought would be a welcome addition to a winter care regimen. Since it is hard to find in-store products from Elizabeth Arden, I had to guess at the color match, and it's too expensive for me to randomly select two or three colors and then return the non-matches. I settled for a color which is almost always mentioned in my foundations and concealers anyway--Ivory (grand shock there...)!
Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Ultra Lift and Firm Concealer in Ivory has a peachy undertone
Ceramide Concealer has a doe foot wand which is nice for semi-precise  or sweeping applications, but since the pigmentation really only gets you to medium coverage, you'll be layering after spreading and setting the product. Ivory is not a perfect match for my skin, and I think it will be the closest I'll get since this comes in four colors: Ivory, Fair, Light, Medium. Anybody darker than me with a fake tan is out of luck!

Wearing Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Concealer in Ivory, Exceptional  Lipstick in Honey Blush, Dusty Henna as bronzer and Pink Rose as blush, Shimmer Cream in Sparkling Sand; Kirkland Signature by Borghese Mineral Foundation, Burberry Rosewood Eyeshadow, Wet'n'Wild MegaLength Mascara, and Maybelline Age Rewind Brightening Concealer
Ceramide Concealer also sits somewhat oddly on top of the skin and pills-up sometimes right between my brows and at my chin (two of the oiliest areas on my face). With a good primer, this effect is diminished but still pops up about six hours into wear without a foundation underneath. It's impossible to get the camera to focus that close to my skin to show what I'm talking about, but also, I can't see this until I am extremely close to my face in the mirror.

I guess my final thoughts about this concealer are that it doesn't fully meld with my skin, but it doesn't disagree with it either. It's got beautiful packaging, decent pigmentation with serum/moisturizing qualities, and ease of use; I wish it were easier to blend and didn't sink into super-tiny lines around my eyes, but I haven't found many concealers that do so good of a job that this product isn't an option for me. I like it, but it's not amazing. Also for those trying this product for it's lifting and firming claims, I cannot attest to any results, and perhaps you'd get a better result using their Ceramide Foundation for a generally evening of the face and a wider variety of colors.

Beauty Newb Rating:✪✪✪✩✩
Available online at Elizabeth Arden and select retailers.

No comments:

Post a Comment