Tuesday, February 21, 2012

e.l.f. Essentials Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15 in Ivory

$1.00 USD for 0.42 oz
Since we've just discovered how yellow and fair/light Studio's Porcelain is, I suppose we should visit the other end of the spectrum with Essentials Tinted Moisturizer in Ivory. Usually, when naming two skin colors, Ivory and Porcelain are nearly identical if not synonymous, but I find Ivory to be pretty white. So it is for e.l.f.'s Tint.

Ivory is so pale that I do look a little like I'm wearing ghost makeup even when blended out at the edge of my neck and hairline. If you're a follower you'll know that is pretty freaking hard to accomplish, seeing as I am #1 or even #0.5 on most foundation scales. Aside from not matching my complexion, Ivory is a very neutral-based (not yellow or pink), thicker moisturizer that delivers sheer/light coverage. It is a bit buildable, but be careful that the match is good enough with your skin that it doesn't look weird to have more on!
e.l.f. Essentials Tinted Moisturizer in Ivory, overcast daylight
I've found that Ivory does indeed tint the skin and cover uneven skintone, rather well actually, and moisturize, again rather well for a thicker formula, but I would recommend setting it with some sort of powder. If you layer this for more coverage, I'd go so far as to say you won't make it half-an-hour without smudging if you don't set it with powder.
e.l.f. Essentials Tinted Moisturizer in Ivory blended from right to middle
You'll notice in the picture above that on the inside of my forearm and wrist, Ivory is almost a spot on match, but that color is not as dynamic as the few different shades on my face and certainly doesn't match my decollete (which makes it look extremely weird to be wearing so light a color on my face, match or not there). You could also grab your favorite summer foundation and mix this in for a lighter, more winter-friendly shade, so that you don't need another bottle of foundation.

Beauty Newb Rating: ✪✪✪✩✩ (If you are very neutral toned, not as yellow as I, this is probably perfect for you.)
Available at eyeslipsface.com and Target.

No comments:

Post a Comment