Tuesday, November 6, 2012

A MUFE Orange Lip - The Red Lip Alternative

Today at work was a bright-lip type of day, so in order to pull off the perfect punch of an orange lip I needed my trusty trio of Make Up For Ever: Aqua Cream, Aqua Lip 17C, and Rouge Artist Lipstick 40. I bought this group of products a long time ago and have since worn this look many a time, but today was finally the day to put it in writing!

World, ORANGE IS THE BEST RED!
Makeup For Ever Aqua Cream Waterproof for Lips and Cheeks
First, after foundation, I mixed in a touch of this bright orange/golden shimmer Aqua Cream with what product remained on my hand and blended with my fingers onto the apples of my cheeks; the touch of similar color makes the lip a little less "Holy Smokes," I think.


Next I line my lips (after brushing my teeth of course) with Aqua Lip 17C; outline your lips first, then fill in the rest so there is no left over line as lipstick fades away. Liner is a good primer for what you put on top of it!
Makeup For Ever Aqua Lip Waterproof Lip Liner in 17C
Next and last step is sweeping the very clingy-creamy Rouge Artist 40 over my lips. This lipstick is not drying but not very moisturizing, so prep lips the night before or you'll have some flaky/cracking issues. This is another reason that this is the end of my orange lip season, because after today, my lips may not be in shape for such a high-maintenance lip.
Makeup For Ever Rouge Artist Intense Lipstick in 40
Since I drink so much water during the day, I had to reapply every 3-4 hours, touching up the middle and checking my teeth regularly for orange marks. Rouge Artist lipstick is so pigmented that it will stain and stay on your lips but will also show up on whatever you're drinking from. Blotting...helps a little, but the drying problem becomes worse when you do that.
All three of these I picked up at my local Sephora store, but they can be found online at MUFE's website and Sephora.com.

1 comment:

  1. Love your blog :)
    Much love,
    Wengie
    http://www.wengie.com

    ReplyDelete