Sunday, February 13, 2011

I Almost Forgot! e.l.f. Daily Brush Cleaner and Brush Shampoo

e.l.f. Studio Daily Brush Cleaner and Brush Shampoo, $3 each
To be indiscreet, GET THESE, GET THESE, GET THESE. Now, onto an actual review of them.

These are unmissable tools that I forgot mostly because I use them without thinking about brand or color or anything, but I have to mention how amazing these work. First of all, washing your makeup brushes can be a pain in the butt that doesn't seem so necessary until it really is. When I think of washing brushes, I think of paint, which is creamy or liquid, I think of how you dip the brush in water first or you soak it to keep it "fresh" to use. If you're like me, most, if not all, of what you use brushes for is powder, so needing to wash them frequently seems tedious and unnecessary.


I've been trying to take much better care of my own personal brushes and get in the habit of at least disinfecting them with e.l.f.'s Daily Brush Cleaner, and it makes freshening a brush quick and simple. I also like that everything is safe to use right after using this, damp or not. You just spritz this on your brush, rub the brush hairs on a paper towel or something similar until you don't see product coming off anymore. Then your brush is ready to be used straight away or can be stored for the next day's use. Love it!

About once a week I also use e.l.f.'s Brush Shampoo which works well enough since I'm no makeup artist using brushes on multiple people. I think it would be fine to use for that type of work, don't misread me, but I just don't know for sure (because I'm not that picky) how squeaky clean each brush gets. I use this mostly for getting rid of product build up, not for über sanitation, etc. I am not a germaphobe and keep things as clean as I keep them--I don't stress about sanitizing every single thing all the time after touching or using it. Which is probably why this bottle of shampoo will last me about a year, and it is, I think, 3 oz. I believe that the Cleaner is about 6.7 oz and will go much faster but is so worth the money that it is difficult to express my love in words.

Beauty Newb Rating:✪✪✪✪✩
Available at EyesLipsFace.com

No comments:

Post a Comment