Saturday, October 8, 2011

Serum Saturday: Dior HydraLife Skin Energizer Pro-Youth Hydrating Serum


$73.00 for 1.7 oz.
Pledge One: I may be a brand-junkie, but I know when to admit that something is not worth the price.

Pledge Two: I may love Dior and the DiorDiva Program, but I know when it's not worth my money or the points to get next to no effect.

Dior Hydra Life Skin Energizer Pro-Youth Hydrating Serum has me all in a tizzy of confusion and frustration. Perhaps my oily/combo skin does not need the extra hydration, but personally that already sounds like an excuse. The pure description of this serum is a yellowish-orange thin consistency gel that goes on to skin non-sticky but non-smooth in texture. I saw and felt no improvement in the very top layers of my skin, much less deeper down, and I didn't think my skin felt very nice after use (again not sticky, but perhaps just less soft and harder to keep from oiling over).

Even if my skin had become more hydrated, the nastiness of how my skin felt made me self-conscious and uncomfortable throughout the day. It wouldn't be worth $1 for that kind of result, so I pass entirely on this product. If you've had success with this, please let me know if you have a different skin type or a certain situation in which you use it; I genuinely what to know when this product works and who for!

Beauty Newb Rating:✪✩✩✩✩
Available at Sephora, Nordstrom, Macy's, and other fine retailers.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DADDY!!! I may not be able to tell anyone your age, but I can tell them how much I love you! I would give up every single thing I own and person I know to have you by my side forever, and I hope you know just how much your baby girl loves you on such a special day. XOXO I hope I can visit you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment