Monday, October 3, 2011

Dior '5 Couleurs Iridescent' Eyeshadow Palette in Tropical Lights

$58.00 for 0.21oz/6g
Dior eyeshadows are some of the best I have ever come across in my life, but the point stands that they are pretty darn expensive. As always I am not a shimmer- or glitter-lover on an everyday (or occasional) basis; however, on holidays, such as last X-mas vacation to my mom's house, I felt very inclined to "shine" in holiday spirit--which is easy to do around good company. This is the only eyeshadow I brought with me on my trip down south--Dior "5 Couleurs Iridescent" Eyeshadow Palette in 409 Tropical Lights--because contrary to the name it makes me feel a little more like going to a New Year's party than wearing this to a beach. Personally, I would go more for the sun-kissed, golden glow at the beach rather than shimmery eyelids; that just seems overdone to me.
Counter clockwise then center of Dior Tropical Lights with flash
A lot of the holiday collections from last year and this year have heavier gold tones which is a lovely thought but on someone as light/pale as me is just really fake looking. The frosty taupe and the shimmering brown in Tropical lights makes for a really flattering and gently smoky effect at night and the pale pink and green make nice color accents on their own or with the others, plus the frosty, pure white brightens the inner corner of eyes and the brow bone flawlessly. Do you think this has a winter or a summer holiday feel? I just can't tell whether I have a good or bad gage of this!

Counter clockwise then center of Dior Tropical Lights in daylight
Since I have had this so much longer than Incognito, I have used it more, but really the quality is wonderful across the board and to me is worth $58...because let's face it, this palette hasn't gone bad or anything, and I will definitely be using it again this holiday season. I've also become more fond of doing single washes of color instead of a two-three color contoured eye for my day-to-day makeup, which means that beautiful brown up there will be getting some serious play in the months to come!

Beauty Newb Rating:✪✪✪✪✪
Available at fine retailers such as Nordstrom, Sephora, and online at Dior.com

No comments:

Post a Comment