Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Hard Candy So Baked Bronzer and Sheer Envy Skin Perfecting Primer

$9.00 for .44 oz of bronzer and $8.00 for 1.3 oz of primer
I freaking love this bronzer! Oh wait, I should make this sound like a well rounded and unbiased review...but seriously, I'm totally into the look of this bronzer. Hard Candy So Baked Bronzer in Tiki is basically more of a highlighter without being white or orange or brown (none of which look particularly good on my fair skin). It imparts a gold sheen that does not resemble a strobe light or glitter bomb exploding on my cheeks, staying subtle and natural while grabbing a tiny bit of attention for my bone-structure.
Hard Candy So Baked Bronzer in Tiki
In Tiki you're getting a lot of product that you really don't need that much of, plus this makes a great golden wash of an eyeshadow--in theory a multi-purpose product. There is at least one darker color for those lovely lasses out there who actually do see the sunlight, but it will do you no good to see that on me (it will just look crazy).

Hard Candy So Baked Bronzer in Tiki
Now on to Hard Candy Sheer Envy Skin Perfecting Primer, and as usual this primer is as tricky as any other. Having oily skin, I don't find that primers give me much help at all and take a lot of testing in crazy environments to tell what the difference between with/without wearing them are...much less which one works the best. By feel, this is not my favorite as it has an odd grit too it--it's not harsh or abrasive, but you will notice that grit is there. If that's not your cup of tea, stay far away because it doesn't benefit me enough otherwise to stick with it.
Hard Candy Sheer Envy Perfecting Primer
I use so little Sheer Envy Primer at a time that would this work, I'd have enough product for several months in one tube, a huge plus. However, it gives a lot of slip and tends to add nothing to the texture/finish/performance of my foundation. Unfortunately, this means I can give it nothing higher than two stars. :( I like my Smashbox better...

Beauty Newb Rating: ✪✪✪✪✩(bronzer); ✪✪✩✩✩(primer)
Available exclusively at Walmart.

No comments:

Post a Comment