Tuesday, February 1, 2011

My Perfect Primer: Smashbox Photo Finish Light Foundation Primer

$36.00 for 1.0 fl oz.
If anyone remembers the Pixi Primer review from a few weeks back, he/she will know that my skin breaks out really easily. I have to watch what works and what doesn't very carefully, especially when using different products in different mixes everyday. I was not a person who started out thinking/knowing that primer was a good idea; in fact, the general rule of thumb for my face a few months ago was fewer layers, fewer blemishes. Again, this is why BareMinerals worked so well for so long, coverage with a powder finish and the sam product is your concealer. Miracle! But in winter here, powder is a no go, so for my liquid foundations and to seal in my moisturizer, I've relied on this awesome primer.

My skin feels more consistently hydrated with Smashbox Primer on. As in, on the days I don't even put on makeup, when I just rinse and moisturize, my skin feels a little tighter and not as comfortable-smooth. I love the thick, silky texture of this primer, and it really does even out skin's texture (but not tone). There is a very slight smell that I can't discern, and the scent goes away almost instantly after pumping from the tube.
As an aside, this is the kind of pump, like the Chanel Serum I reviewed, that the EL Idealist should have. Getting all the product you pay for is really important to me when anything is priced over, say, $20, especially when that's per ounce!

If you've been struggling to find a good strong primer that will keep your skin balanced and nourished (not on its own but to keep what you give your skin in and working), this is a great option, and Smashbox is usually available at places with great return policies if it doesn't work for you. I think all skin types should give this a try. 

Beauty Newb Rating:✪✪✪✪✪
Available at Sephora, some department stores, Ulta, and Smashbox.com

No comments:

Post a Comment