Monday, July 11, 2011

Mood Boost: Dior '5 Couleurs' Eyeshadow Palette in Incongnito

$58.00 for 0.21oz/6g
There is really nothing like an *amazing* designer palette to put even the most frustrated makeup junkie in a good mood. Seriously, there is something about Incognito that just speaks to the simple beauty we crave and the bombshell within! As this palette shows, however, it will end up being a bit out of the range for darker skin, i.e. the colors are light enough to be super natural only on--you guessed it!--lighter skin. That may be a look you particularly enjoy; it may not.

Dior Incognito is my ultimate "goof-proof" palette because all of the colors blend together so smoothly, flawlessly, and just flat-out naturally no matter which combination of shape I put them down in. All five, even the warm, medium brown on the bottom left, brighten up my eyes and lighten my face, so I feel rested and as if I look relaxed (even when I'm not).
Shadows from left to right: (pan position)Bottom right, bottom left, center, top left, top right
The warm beige, light pink, and brown really flatter the natural color of most light to medium skinned eyelids, making this a versatile combination. There is also a special place in my heart for the cooler combo of shimmering white and an utterly drool-worthy grey (almost taupey) purple. I almost want to call it a lavender color, but I would rather describe it as a muted purple because I think of a brighter pop of color when I think of lavender.

Shadows from picture left to pic. right: Bottom right, bottom left, center, top left, top right
What I can say in regards to how these are for everyone is *holy smokes* high quality eyeshadow! The swatches above are from one relatively-heavy-handed swipe of my finger because almost all Dior powders are nearly creamy although technically powders...does that make sense? For any SNL oldies out there, there like butta--and blendable to boot! Just look at how flawless I got my eyes to be without actually trying; seriously, below is just from putting the shadow where I initially wanted it, then I just didn't need to blend it out.
Dior Incognito Palette on eyes; white on brow bone, nude all over, pink in inner corner, brown in crease, purple at outer corner
What may be a turn-off for some is that these colors really cannot give you a night time dramatic look, no matter how much you pile on, but I will say that I feel beautiful and put together morning, afternoon, and night because these suckers STAY PUT. Perhaps I could see needing a primer for my summer-time uber-oily lids as a safety, but it should not be a problem otherwise. Quite frankly, I'm just soooooooo darn happy I own this. It's not funny--I'm so addicted.
Wearing Dior Incognito palette on eyes, e.l.f. Studio Cream Eyeliner in coffee, and Chanel Inimitable Mascara
One day there shall be a beauty rehab, and I'll see you all there! :) BTW, do my eyes look brown to you? What's going on there?

Beauty Newb Rating:✪✪✪✪✪
Available at Nordstrom, Sephora, Dior.com and other fine retailers. Also, the following adds below are a cautionary tale about how you can fine both good and extremely bad deals on Amazon, so I encourage everyone to do research before buying to make sure you are getting what you want for the price you want!
       

2 comments:

  1. I love the look of this palette! It looks absolutely perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am olive skinned, and also addicted, mainly to 2 of the colors - the lower left and lower right. I got a mini palette as a dior promotion at sephora and while it has lasted forever, while taking many bumps and knocks in my purse, i barely have any of those bottom 2 shadows left (the dark brown and taupe). Those do something for my brown eyes that I've not seen any other shadows do. I also use the peach (middle) shadow many times as an all-over color for my lids - sort of a neutralizing base. The yellow can serve that purpose too, but not as often. The white gets no love from my olive skin. I will have to break down and buy the full-size set, but I am hoping instead to only buy the bottom 2 colors. Does anyone have any ideas on how/where I can obtain them?

    ReplyDelete