Sunday, July 3, 2011

Z-Palettes and My Organization Project

Anyone remember a while back when I made some organizational promises to myself (and I believe I said I would do it within that month, lies!)? Well, I think I actually accomplished both! Shortly after my birthday in June, I graduated from Aveda, having sold over $1,000 in retail products and completing over $3,000 worth of services. I'd say that's above average and really marketable, wouldn't you? For a program I completed within 4 months (minus one day), um...yeah, let's go with decent. 

And to top that off, I feel far more comfortable saying I can, in reality, do someone else's makeup and get paid for it. That bit is mainly due to the fashion show from May, where I designed and completed 7 models' makeup (5 without any assistance from the other team member). Oh, and those Z-Palettes are here and getting pretty full! Here's what they look like right now:

Black Z-Palette:
Aveda powder products such as Petal Essence Eye Color Trios, Single Eye Colors, Face Accents, and Inner Light Mineral Foundation.
My reviews for these are a tedious process because I have had those troubles with my camera and, in order to get good photos, have to take each pan out of this palette. Doing that much makeup each day is rough when searching for spas for a job, too, but I'll manage.

Cheetah Z-Palette:
This is my "need magnets" palette which now includes Estee Lauder Eyeshadow (single and samples), Lotus Compact Foundation, e.l.f. Blush and Bronzer, and MAC Beauty Powder.
This palette has been a challenge to get even this many products into. As you can see from the picture, even taking my time de-potting these still cracked the Lotus foundation, EL eyeshadow, and e.l.f. bronzer. Since heat is necessary for most de-potting, I also am having to break until we have A/C in order to turn on the flat iron--I do not do well in heat, oily skin or no!

Did you accomplish any of your goals recently? Have any that are particularly difficult? Need some support?! I'm here to hear!!! (and I love to think and type, so you won't be short of encouragement or advise) ;) :-P

Z-Palettes are available at http://www.zpalette.com/.
      

No comments:

Post a Comment