Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Kirkland Signature by Borghese Mineral Foundation, Blush, and Lip Shimmer


$15.99 for 0.32oz/9g of foundation, 0.10oz/3g of blush, 0.09oz/2.8g of lip gloss

Mineral Powder Foundation SPF 20 in Fair/Light may have sheer coverage at best, but if I want a finishing powder with sun protection, which I really do for quick summer-time application, I can think of no better product. It is a bit of a shame that I would have to build up a bit of summer color with a bronzer in order to not look extremely pale wearing only this foundation, but I still love the lightweight feel of the formula. Recently, when I've pulled out my BareMinerals, I've felt it went on a bit heavy, and even using a light hand, started to look cakey. So far, no indication that this Kirkland Mineral Foundation will do that, and I also feel like it is pulling less moisture from my skin over the course of the day while still controlling oil for about 5 hours (really the best any one product can do for me in the summer).
From left to right: Lip Shimmer in Simply Radiant, Blush in Simply Blushing, and Foundation in Fair/Light
Mineral Loose Blush in Simply Blushing is one of the most universal shades I've seen in a long time. It's a beauty cross between pink, peach, apricot, and a touch of plum, and as you can almost see from the photo, starts to melt into skin more naturally than the foundation. I'm just stunned at how flattering this is. The mineral sifter container keeps me on my toes about applying in super thin layers, but the color can go on extremely sheer or bold and poppin'!

wearing Mineral Sheer Foundation underneath Mineral Powder Foundation SPF 20, Simply Blushing on Cheeks, Mineral Loose Eyeshadows in Simply Innocent, Simply Gorgeous, Simply Tempting, and e.l.f. Baby Lips on lips
Simply Radiant Lip Shimmer is a thicker formula than it's Shine counterparts but packs a medium coverage and a pretty penny of pigment. It looks a deeper, slightly cool pink in the tube, but melts down to pop of neutral pink with a golden sheen and a light-reflecting shimmer that's not overdone. In fact, I'm surprised that I don't find it overwhelming. The pigment fade evenly, but the gloss will not last long for my water-guzzling habits of late, so about two hours. If I forego doing anything with my lips, it stays for four hours easily--I just never actually do nothing with my lips, so you see my dilemma, right?
Kirkland Signature by Borghese Mineral Lip Shimmer in Simply Radiant alone on lips

Beauty Newb Rating:✪✪✪✪✩
Available at Costco Wholesale Warehouses and sometimes online at costco.com. At the time of this post, it is not showing up, but check back and it may come up as available.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment