Friday, November 11, 2011

Rimmel Exaggerate Full Colour Lip Liner Definer

$4.99 for 0.008 oz/0.25g each
Ah, morning coffee and Maple and Brown Sugar oatmeal, delicious!
How is everyone this lovely vaca-Friday morning? Not off work, huh, well neither am I, so I'm taking a morning pause to beef up my lip liner rep--since I've been so averse to the little suckers for so long.
(left to right) Rimmel Exaggerate Lip Liner in Natural, Eastend Snob, and Pure
I think my general dislike of lip liner stems from being so obsessed with Chapstick (and in general, I do mean the brand, not just balms); I couldn't dream of using a product meant to be drier so that I could have color during the day (quote: isn't that what my glosses are for?!). However, Rimmel Exaggerate Lip Liner Definers are some of the most wearable colors in liners I've come across, and while I can find a few bones to pick with the formula and the packaging, for $5 a pop and the frequency with which I've used them already--who cares!
(left to right) Rimmel Exaggerate Lip Liner in Natural, Eastend Snob, and Pure in natural light
030 Natural is a very nude, and in moderation, natural beige with hints of pink and brown. It's very balanced in color and can nude your lips without whiting them out as paler nudes can.
Unfortunately, when I was first applying this, my lips were so dry and the product so cold that a chunk of the twist-up broke off (so I lost about a $1 worth of product considering how little is in these). Moral of the story, exfoliate your lips and warm the product with short sweeps to start.
(left to right) Rimmel Exaggerate Lip Liner in Natural, Eastend Snob, and Pure with flash
063 Eastend Snob is a pink nude that is just this side of baby pink which is the most wearable for me. I could see myself using this everyday since it's my-lips-but-better and thus pretty low-maintenance throughout a whole work day.
(left to right) Rimmel Exaggerate Lip Liner in Natural, Eastend Snob, and Pure in indoor lighting
005 Pure (oh my goodness, a bright/bold I can get behind) is a reddened fuchsia that is shockingly less shocking than you'd think. To me, while I am unused to seeing myself in this color on a regular basis, it ends up looking like a deep berry stain. Since I do eat a lot of fruit (like binge-eat fruit), Pure is a brighter, manageable "stain" that is fresh, young, and not over-powering.

Crazy-dumb realization: I got myself into the idea of wearing lip liner more because, you guessed it, I just wear it straight UNDERNEATH my dozens of balms! Wow, Anie, slow moment/dozen years, huh?!

Beauty Newb Rating:✪✪✪✪✩
These may not be hydrating, and need a little TLC if they are new/cold, but dagnabit, I love the color range and how simple these are making long-lasting color for me, i.e. five hours before needing a touch-up. Highly recommended!

Available at drugstores like CVS and Walgreens, stores such as Target and Walmart, and some grocery stores like Giant Eagle (where I got mine). Happy Veteran's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment