Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Estée Lauder Pure Color Gloss Stick in Summer Melon- A Mid-Winter Pick-Me-Up I Can Really Get Behind!

Oh wow, I had a fantastic shopping trip to my local Nordstrom on Monday, and when I was feeling a bit low in confidence too. Since I had tried to make myself a little more lively with the smoky eyes, but I wasn't feelin' it fully, I was super surprised to get several remarks about how good it looked (and my bf said I looked pretty) :). Among the items I purchased was this unassuming little lippie called Summer Melon ($18.00 for ), an utterly mouthwatering coral-orange that just screams "bold and beautiful."

So, Summer Melon is one shade of a formula I have been dying to try out, and I was not disappointed. Estee Lauder's Gloss Sticks are semi-opaque, slick lippies in a lipstick form with high-gloss shine. Summer Melon is a bright, ripe cantaloupe colored gloss with what looks like a pale gold micro-shimmer, but when applied, it just looks really glossy.


These Gloss Sticks are just a really awesome way to wear lipcolor because you are getting some color pay off with moisture and a youthful shine on top--from one tube. This tube reminds me of the packaging for those new Chanel Rouge Coco Shine Lipsticks that are coming out soon, which means I may have to check out if that formula is a more expensive version of this one! Anywho, the slip of these is fresh and perfect for a low maintenance day or for spring/summer wear. I've felt a little heavy recently with all the lipstick and gloss I've slathered on, and this Gloss Stick is getting me out of that slump.
EL Gloss Stick in Summer Melon in daylight

EL Gloss Stick in Summer Melon with flash
The shade of Summer Melon itself should be flattering to a lot of skin tones, but it depends mostly on whether on not you want to wear orange on your lips. There is a definite lean of yellow but the added red tone should help pinky beauties wear this smashingly.
EL Gloss Stick in Summer Melon alone on lips, daylight
Beauty Newb Rating:✪✪✪✪✩
Available at EL.com and fine department stores. I got mine at Nordstrom.

(As an aside, this reminds me how into the new Givenchy collection I'm going to be: orange lips, crazy pink eyes, I might have to splurge...and you'll know when I do!)

4 comments:

  1. SO gorgeous! i've been obsessing over purples and corals lately. have you seen the the EL pure color lipstick in wild violet? it's STUNNING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was literally just commenting on BeautyReflections post on that Wild Violet lipstick. So berrilicious!!! And this one is a great summer feeling mood bood, I needed it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving oranges lately too! I love EL Gloss Sticks! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice swatches! Much glossier than I was expecting!

    ReplyDelete