Thursday, January 19, 2012

Chanel Inimitable Intense Mascara in 10 Black

$30.00 for 0.21 oz/6g
We all know mascara goes bad rather quickly compared to a lot of other cosmetics, but really, when you are trying to get your money's worth out of a particularly expensive one (cosmetic or mascara)---well, just don't choose this one.

Chanel Inimitable Intense Mascara was seriously a wonderful mascara. When I first got it, I could not get myself to use any other; however, less than three months after I purchased this beautiful little tube, what started out as very mild eye-irritation at the strong scent became tears everytime I put it on. That's right, halfway into the shelf life this extremely expensive and highly rated product went BAD, and I do mean bad.



The mascara was thick and created what can only be described as the perfect spider eye; it smelled way stronger and more powdery than originally (which was pretty strong to begin with); and by goodness, I only got about 90 uses out of it if I put on makeup every single day, which is a big IF! Now, if you're keeping score that's about $0.33 per application...when it should average out (depending on how many times you put on mascara in SIX months) to $0.17 or even $0.10. In theory, this should be be a $15 mascara because it lasts half as long, and subsequently should be half the size and cost a lot less because the real quality I'm looking for TRULY is not there.
Wearing Chanel Inimitable Mascara, Hard Candy Tiki Bronzer, Dior Gel-Creme Foundation, and Burberry Lip Glow in Nude Beige
So when I said this is a wonderful mascara...I guess I lied, but Chanel also lied to us all. I am also not the only person to have problems with this mascara, and not even just in this color! Check out BeautyReflections and her post on Chanel Inimitable (although I cannot find a working link, it was there, and I commented on it, and you can still see a photo link below other Chanel reviews). Bummer.

Beauty Newb Rating: ✪✪✩✩✩ because if you use it all up in one month on five people, it's worth it.
Available at Chanel.com and from fine retailers like Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue, and Von Maur.

1 comment:

  1. Well that stinks!! When you buy Chanel you really think that you are getting a great product!

    Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings

    ReplyDelete