Monday, January 17, 2011

Burberry Lip Glow in Nude Beige: How beautiful you are!

AHHHHHHHHH, OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OHMYGOD! Burberry has a makeup line....oh my god. I really can't describe how excited I am about this line, and I think the products DELIVER on those expectations! Burberry Lip Glow ($27 for .2 fl oz.) is a creamy non-sticky formula power-packed with pigment and a luxurious rose scent. 


Above: in daylight; Below: with flash

The scent may disappear in a few minutes, but the smooth buttery feel on my lips does not, and neither does the color for about three and a half hours! That's uber impressive on my lips because I'm always drinking water or eating or even just pressing my lips and whatnot. In short, I am in love.
Above: in daylight; Below: with flash
The color is a rosy-beige with a very subtle micro-shimmer of both gold and silver that changes with the light but never leans the color to cool or warm. It's stunning, in all honesty, and yet a barely-there touch with a high shine. The formula is pretty thick, but lasts well worth it and carries color, shine, and most importantly comfort with ever swipe of the doe foot. Also the gunmetal packaging with the engraved burberry check is perfectly designed. The tube is square so it doesn't roll away when set down and helps me distinguish it by feeling in my bag (something different stands out!). It's high-end expensive, but gives you enough product to last a good while. Nordstrom's is the exclusive carrier of the Burberry Cosmetics line, and the store has a fantastic return/exchange policy so you can find the exact shade you want without wasting a bunch of money to do so.

I recommend giving this a test drive if you are a fan of pigmented gloss that gives some moisture and a plump, smooth finish.

Beauty Newb Rating:✪✪✪✪✪
Available from Nordstrom and Burberry.com under Beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment