Saturday, January 21, 2012

Estee Lauder Automatic Brow Pencil Duo in 05 Soft Brown

$23.50 for Brow Duo (includes 2 pencil ends) and $12.50 for refill
It's unfair that I've been using this for nearly two months (without needing my refill yet) and have not mentioned a word about it, but really, this replaced my Dior BrowStyler after it ran out and I no longer wanted to use straight eyeshadow. Estee Lauder Automatic Brow Pencil Duo is comparable to the Brow Styler from Dior in it's shape, use, etc. and the color 05 Soft Brown is very nearly identical, but there are several big differences.
Wearing Estee Lauder Brow Duo in Soft Brown 05, MAC Sweet Sunrise Lipstick, Hard Candy Tiki on lids, Covergirl LashBlast Fusion Mascara, Nars Douceur Blush, and MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation in N3
 Firstly, for the $23.50 at EL, you're getting two pencil parts for what may be twice the filling power of the $28 Dior Brow Styler. Secondly, the formula in EL Duo is creamier and spreadable compared to the Styler, but can migrate or rub off more easily in turn. Thirdly, refills of product are available from EL instead of having to buy a new brush end as well. Fourthly, and this is a bonus for Dior, the EL Duo is much thicker than the Brow Styler. Neither is particularly bulky or flimsy, but it's worth noting.
Estee Lauder Automatic Brow Pencil Duo
I really like both because they fill my brows very nicely, but I lean more in favor of my beloved Dior Brow Styler because of my oilier skin (the drier product stays on better) and an appreciation for minimal packaging (while there are no refills, the general thinness pleases me).

For my budget, I will have to stick to Estee Lauder's Duo because it is also more green (refill equals less plastic wasted each purchase), but I can tell you that I'm not super happy about it. Luckily, I've also got other brow options up my sleeve, i.e. stay tuned for E.L.F. Week Feb 5th!

Beauty Newb Rating: ✪✪✪✪✩
Available from EsteeLauder.com or at fine department stores like Macy's, Nordstrom, and Saks.

No comments:

Post a Comment