Thursday, February 9, 2012

CoverGirl LashBlast Fusion Mascara in Very Black

$7.98 for .44 fl oz
I've been using some form of Covergirl LashBlast Mascara since a few months after the bright orange original (LashBlast Volume) came on the market...so that was about four years ago, yes? I loved that old mascara like I loved Whip It! the movie (<3 Ellen Page and Drew Barrymore, i.e. why I bring it up) but I really don't see a difference between these two formulas.
Covergirl LashBlast Fusion with Sparky...for perspective, you know...
My lashes look natural but extended and a bit bolder, black as night for sure, and totally clump free; however, between the purple and orange packaging change, my view of both LashBlast Fusion (length+volume) and LashBlast Volume (original) is spot-on-identical. Perhaps if my lashes were naturally shorter or more sparse one formula would triumph over the other.

Wearing MAC Sweet Sunrise LipstickHard Candy Tiki on lids, Covergirl LashBlast Fusion Mascara, Nars Douceur Blush, and MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation in N3
As of this moment though, I will happily use the rest of this Fusion tube, but will probably go for the slightly cheaper Volume only formula next time (price $6.94 at Walmart.com where I bought this in-store). For a dollar less and a tube of mascara that definitely lasts me EVERYDAY for SIX MONTHS (see my gripe against shelf-life loser here) it's worth just settling for the same results for less in the long term...or I guess a buck extra every half-year isn't going to break anyone's bank.

Although it could buy me two more items for e.l.f. Weeks...which will be coming soon, I swear! I'm just on the brink of a sinus infection now, so I have to focus on rest, fluid intake, and tons of nasal spray and decongestant. Un-fun my weekend, why don't you!

BeautyNewb Rating:✪✪✪✪✩
Nutshell: long-lasting, natural, buildable, non-clumping, smooth, well-designed, sensitive-friendly
Available where CoverGirl is sold. I got mine at Walmart.

No comments:

Post a Comment