Monday, September 19, 2011

NARS Douceur Blush--Totally Natural and Multi-Tasking

$27.00 USD for 0.16oz/4.8g
I was on the hunt a good while ago now for something special, something to give me a glow without the shimmer and shine of a "glowy-glow." Well, I found it inside a rather unsuspecting blush because Nars Douceur is a very versatile blusher. For me, it changes into a sort of bronzer sometimes that has a dustier quality without looking like I put brown/tan on my very fair skin. The pigment in it can pack a punch, so I think darker lovelies will find plenty to like while still being more natural and flattering.
NARS Douceur Blush
 The very finely milled powder, I find, does need to be worked a tiny bit with your brush to get it started on the pigment intensity I am usually looking for (then I blend the leftovers as 'bronze' at my temples, etc.). That is not to say that the compact is hard--just that the powder inside is very subtle and has a melt into your skin texture which can sometimes make it harder to tell where it's gone on without layering.
Douceur heavily swatched on left, blended on right
 I find I actually have so little to say about this blush because it does everything and it does it well! The color, if I haven't put a decent punch onto my skin and set it, will need a touch up after about 4 hours. I admit, I like that this fades instead of becoming patchy or streaky from touching my face as so many others do; I would rather reapply a touch of blush than have to have a full-color cheek minus a finger smear! Plus, the compact has a very good sized mirror, and thus, I don't mind carrying this little guy around for a quick polish. Also, I don't know how I feel about it good or bad, but Nars does not even attempt to provide a small brush in the compact which sucks on a convenience level but is nice if you are a stickler about quality. Yes, for some it would ruin the overall worth of the product to have a cheap little brush shoved in.
Wearing Kirkland Mineral Eyeshadows, e.l.f. Coffee Liner, Dior Extase Mascara, NARS Douceur  Blush, and Aveda Peony Lip Tint with e.l.f. Under Eye Concealer and Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Concealer
Beauty Newb Rating:✪✪✪✪✩
Available at Sephora and other fine retailers.

No comments:

Post a Comment