Monday, February 20, 2012

e.l.f. Mineral Infused Face Primer

$6.00 USD for 0.49oz
This is a straight-forward, average primer. It feels pretty run-of-the-mill in my fingers, very silicone and slippery--you wont need a lot to cover your face, and it is easy to overuse. I'm a little disappointed in only getting half an ounce in this. Perhaps I am accustomed to getting a full-sized product for the "e.l.f." price, but to be fair, if a little goes so far, I won't be able to get through a whole ounce that quickly anyway.
e.l.f. Mineral Infused Face Primer
As this is one of e.l.f.'s many Mineral products now, I can see why the price is a bit of a jump for the usual $1-3. I haven't noticed a real difference in the quality of the mineral products, but you are getting the texture of powders and a very smooth primer. However, much like I felt with that first Pixi Primer I tried way back in the day, this one doesn't let my skin breathe during the day, making it hard to tell whether it's the foundation on top or this prep-layer that makes any acne flair up.

e.l.f. Mineral Infused Face Primer swatched, partially blended
Too bad too, because I have a growing list of misses when it comes to primers, and only one that actually works on me so far, i.e. Smashbox Light, which has to cost an arm and a leg of course...
e.l.f. Mineral Infused Face Primer fully blended on skin (soft focus effect)
Beauty Newb Rating: ✪✪✪✩✩ (because it works in a pinch but can't be a staple for me)
Available at eyeslipsface.com and Target.

No comments:

Post a Comment