Friday, January 21, 2011

Will You Fall In Love With No.55? CHANEL 55 In Love Blush, That Is

($42.00 for 0.21 oz/6g)
I can't tiptoe around the fabulous quality of this blush, but I will try to give it a fair shake at a critical review. In Love is a warm coral with orange-yellow micro-shimmer. It contrasts beautifully on a warm toned face, and I think still neutral enough to flatter cool-toned gals like myself (the micro-shimmer helps). the powder is top quality and does not send clouds around with each brush stroke, so you get to use every speck of product. For the money, this blush is an investment I am happy with (beautiful color I want to wear often), but if you lean more towards lots of variety for less than a fortune, this is not for you.



The packaging is light (feels less than a Dior compact) but not cheap and includes a mini-blush brush, which I use, and a nice sized mirror. The product is heavily rose-scented (avec a hint of citrus I detect) and is overpowering in-palette. The scent isn't that potent on cheeks but can still be detected hours later when you know what you're smelling. Sensitive sniffers will find that erksome during the day, especially when it competes with your perfume or hair products, etc.
natural daylight

camera flash

Chanel blush comes with a velvet pouch embossed with CC. It's a nice, high-end touch.
Beauty Newb Rating:✪✪✪✪✩
Available at CHANEL.com and fine retailers such as Saks Fifth Avenue and Nordstrom.

No comments:

Post a Comment