Thursday, April 14, 2011

Corrective Coloring with Physicians Formula Concealers

Build-A-Look #2 Part Two---Bold Lip and Concealer
Green and Yellow; $5.45 each for 0.15oz/4.2g 
My love-affair with Physicians Formula has been going strong for a couple of years now, and I can say without a doubt that it is all due to the red-reducing green concealer that has been their staple for over a decade. My first tube was a doe-foot applicator in a tube of liquid green, mind you; however, this Powder Finish green probably has better staying power than that ol' creamy one. Since at Aveda these days I really don't have time to do touching up after lunch and at any point before the end of my shift, staying power is extremely important.
Yellow on left, Cover Green on right with flash
Just as important to me is covering red on my skin while my Enbrightenment Serum does it's work over the next few months. Yes, that is exactly what green, the color itself, does, and right in toe, this concealer does, too! As to the yellow Powder Finish Concealer does quite the battle with dark circles under the eyes, but the powdery look just beneath the eyes can flatten the face significantly. I'd always recommend a creamier neutralizing layer over either the Physicians Formulas in order to reduced the appearance of the corrective colors if they're too strong.
Yellow on left, Cover Green on right in stormy daylight
You'll see from the photo below that you can still see a green hue, but the red is covered. I blend with a very light hand, stippling, and then cover with a concealer that is my normal skin color. If this is how you will use color-corrective concealer, be sure not to rub to the point of diminishing the "correction." That's why I stipple, mostly.
Cover Green covering red hyper-pigmentation; Yellow on under-eye dark circles (all unblended) 
Final judgement: Love these whole-heartedly and I recommend Physicians Formula as a brand whose products have never broken me out and have quality within the drug-store circle that I rarely find elsewhere. Easy to use and affordable, plus this will last you a good while.

Beauty Newb Rating:✪✪✪✪✩
Available at drug stores such as CVS, Walgreens, Target (not technically a drug store whoops), etc.
      

How's the week been for everyone so far? Tomorrow's Friday, so that is definitely something worth celebrating with a wee splurge at my local CVS! I might just do it, too!

1 comment:

  1. Very helpful, I wasn't sure how to use my NYX green concealer, thanks!

    ReplyDelete