Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Bobbi Brown (Award Winning) Face Touch-Up Stick in Warm Ivory 1

Build-A-Look Part OneBold Lip and Concealer
$22.00 for 0.08oz/2.3g
Fantastic! Now, you'll have already assumed that I'm not talking about how my photos have turned out, but that is what happens when daylight eludes you for for a while. What's fantastic is this thick and creamy concealer (albeit sounding like a hot chocolate drink right now).
Bobbi Brown Face Touch-Up Stick in Warm Ivory 1
The long and short of it, because I already wrote this whole post and then it got deleted, grr, is that this covers blemishes and corrective colored concealers alike, lasts all day with a little powdered maintenance, and will last and look better than its $22 USD price-tag. I wish I knew more about the price conversion and international availability, but alas, maybe when my schedule frees up and I have billions of followers (i.e. never?) I will grow my posts into an international friendly lot!

Chanel Mat Lumiere Foundation in .5, Physicians Formula Green and Yellow Concealers, Bobbi Brown Face Touch-Up Stick in Warm Ivory 1
Here's the kicker: if you have oily skin, this may or may not be a good option for you. I do (have oily skin) and this concealer requires some setting powder roughly every four hours to make sure it doesn't start sliding off. Also, it's not the type that you can scratch your face and still have it on, so either use it sparingly or don't mess with your face, as best you can, during the wearing of this concealer. However, for my purposes, awesome, portable, affordable finds like this don't happen everyday.

Coverage: Medium-full
Cost: Average to Low-High End
Durability: Average
Finish: Natural, Easily blended
Best for: Drier Skin Types, Normal/Combination, or slightly Oily Skin

Beauty Newb Rating:✪✪✪✪✩
Available at BobbiBrown.com and fine retailers. I got mine at Nordstrom.
         
Blast from the Blogging Past!
What was I wearing today?
Dior Creme de Gloss in Fig Nectar rocked my world today with a creamy, hydrating texture that helped me get housework and blogging alike done easily and without much reapplication.


1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great concealer! I've never tried any Bobbi Brown concealers-her stuff is rather expensive in Canada. Although, price isn't what deters me really, it's availability-I can only get it at 2 places that are pretty far away. But next time I'm around one, I will be sure to check it out!

    ReplyDelete