Monday, April 25, 2011

Mask of the Month: Dior HydraLife Beauty Awakening Rehydrating Mask

$37.00 for 2.5 oz.
First thing I noticed about this product is a very fresh and refreshing scent, similar to other HydraLife products but more potent for this mask. Second, this feels fresh and hydrating on the skin, and I don't get that thick, goopy, could-be-greasy, heavy mask feeling. (For example, this is a better choice for me in general than the Chanel mask from January because of it's lower cost and this doesn't feel as though it's sucking the life out of my skin. Purity doesn't always mean taking things out!)

Second, if this is rehydrating to skin than it is quite subtle and stealthy in doing so; I don't feel any dryness--that's for sure--but neither am I noticing a distinction between my skin before and my skin after use. Did it help lessen the itchy dryness around my nostril after cold-weather allergies? A little. Did it help heal that dryness? Not so much...at all. Maybe I am taking the name too literally though. Perhaps "Beauty Awakening" is supposed to mean "if there is moisture in your skin then this will bring it forward to be seen in the outer layers." In that case you'd have to do a lot of extra work to deliver the benefits to your skin. As far as I can tell, this mask is a nice experience while it's on, but don't expect much, if any, difference when you take it off.

Who might this work better for than me? Drier skin types. Since my skin is oily/combination, it may have been that the mask was designed to get skin to the level of hydration my skin is already at, hence I saw no results. It's not exactly a cost-effective way to see if it works at all, but keep in mind that products really do work differently (dramatically differently) across skin types.

Beauty Newb Rating:✪✪✩✩✩
Available at fine cosmetics retailers, Dior.com, and Sephora. Ask for a sample where available, too! I got my sample at Macy's.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment