Tuesday, June 21, 2011

What's Sour with Sonia Kashuk Sweet Nothings Eye Palette?

$14.99 for 0.31 oz or 8.8g (includes 6 powder shadows, 1 cream base, and a double-ended applicator)

I'm actually blown away by the cream base in this palette. My shadow lasts about 12 hours with ne'er  a crease in sight...of course after that it's pretty quickly downhill, but that's expected with oily lids. This palette won't give you any show-stopping looks because it lacks significant--okay okay, mediocre pigmentation--but you will be able to but a nice shine and hint of hue on your lids in quite a few shades.
Sweet Nothings 16 Eye Palette
The quality of the shadows themselves, minus pigmentation, is really good. They aren't creamy, butter-like powders, but there really isn't any fallout that I've been able to find. These don't crumble or start dusting the whole palette when you take a brush to them (like some, if not most, e.l.f. eyeshadows do), so the extra price is a definite leap from super-cheap quality, too.

Pink from bottom row far left on lid over base, Nude with some sparkle from bottom row far right on brow bone.
You may also be thinking that this post is lacking significant photos of all the color swatches in Sweet Nothings, but the name kinda sums this one up--there's nothing really to see that can be captured on camera for me. By this I mean, these shadows swatch sheer and the only difference I can really see is how they make my eyecolor pop, not the actual eyelid or eyeshadow. Since not everyone has my eyecolor, all those photos would help so much, but it is safe to say that I am all over this as a nice, neutral, barely-there makeup palette.

Beauty Newb Rating:✪✪✪✩✩
P.S. The "sour" bit I was referring to was indeed the pigmentation of these, but after using it on a few occasions, it dawned on me that I still very much enjoy a simple, understated look that can only come from a good, sheer shadow. Sonia Kashuk, I tip my hat to you.
             

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this. Do you have any idea why there is a warning on this product: "Warning: Do Not Use In Lip Area."?

    This gives me a lot of worry about what is dangerous about that.

    ReplyDelete