Monday, June 27, 2011

e.l.f. Luscious Liquid Lipstick in Baby Lips

$1.00 for 0.05 oz/1.5g
Yet again, EyesLipsFace shocks me with a value I really didn't expect from $1.  It's as if I literally forget how much I love a lot of e.l.f. products and sit in Target (or at the computer) thinking "oh, I don't need to be spending a dollar, or three, on ____" when it should be clear to me now that, um, yeah, it's totally worth it!
e.l.f. Liquid Lipstick in Baby Lips in daylight
My initial worry was mainly the applicator at the tip of this lipstick. It is a little difficult to put my finger on why I thought the applicator would be tricky, but I think it's about the same reason I hesitate in getting too many Hypershine Glosses at the same time--hygiene and germs. The applicator does sit relatively exposed underneath the cap instead of being a pull-out wand (I have no source to say that either is more hygienic). This mostly poses problems for makeup artists and the use of this on more than one person; for personal use, I see nothing wrong.



Some really wonderful things about Luscious Liquid Lipstick are that this formula lasts about 2-3 hours, unless drinking/eating, it has a high-shine finish without being too tacky/sticky, and it gives medium coverage with good pigmentation. Baby Lips is a blue-based pink with a white-shine and a gentle shimmer that doesn't always show up on the lips. It glides on smooth and can be applied both sheerly and heavily for more/less pigmentation. It does feel slightly hydrating to the lips, but this feeling is nothing ultra-significant. My lips could still use some more exfoliation and moisture, but that is more what bedtime is for than daytime wear...
with Baby Lips on lips (only); Kirkland Signature by Borghese Mineral Sheer Foundation, Mineral Powder Foundation, Simply Blushing on cheeks, Mineral loose eyeshadows, and Clinique High Impact Mascara
Final verdict: why do I not have MORE of these?! Although you get a less-than-average amount of product, it's still only costing you one dollar, and this also means you stand a better chance of finishing the whole product by the time it's suppose to "expire." Do look for a specific color to suit you if you are not into buying a bunch of these, however, because there are certainly no returns on this type of product with it's packaging....but I guess I have also never tried. Let me know if you've had success with that....

Beauty Newb Rating:✪✪✪✪✩
Available at Target and online at eyeslipsface.com.
      

No comments:

Post a Comment