Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Sonia Kashuk Velvety Matte Lip Crayon in Pinky Nude

$7.99 for....a crayon's worth of product (potentially 0.06oz?)
This thick lip crayon is a touch one to try and describe: it is indeed velvety and does appear on lips matte, but the texture feels a bit like there is a thin layer on super-finely milled powder snuggling on your lips. It's nice though non-moisturizing, and for best results, exfoliate your lips before applying. I know that's extremely blunt, but it is the first thing that I have to say about this Matte Lip Crayon. I love the color, and the texture, and the matte-ness (as I have always loved matte over shine ;)
Sonia Kashuk Velvety Matte Crayon in Pinky Nude
One really obnoxious and difficult thing about this pencil is how thick it is; I was sure I didn't have a sharpener big enough until I figure out that the bigger one has an attachment (removable) that then fits this! Yeah, it means I already had one at home, but before I found it in the room, I had gone to Target to see if Sonia Kashuk makes a sharpener that fits--nope,--and could I find any other easily grab-able sharpeners that I thought would be big enough--nope. Now, that would have been such a waste if I couldn't sharpen the pen to use it more than three times.


The color is very nice with medium to full coverage in 1-2 swipes, and it has a vague resemblance to a creamy feeling (just not the same, maybe a dry-cream). I love wearing this. I have the urge to reapply after about an hour because it doesn't have a moisturizing feel, but the color does not fade much with eating/drinking. Pinky Nude lasts for about 3-4 hours; before hour 2, I feel a desperate need to put more on for hydration, which is less to tell you something about the product as it is to prove I am a lip-balm junkie with a nasty habit.
Sonia Kashuk Pinky Nude on lips, Kirkland Sheer Foundation and e.l.f. Complexion Perfection on face, Sonia Kashuk Sweet Nothing and Clinique High Impact Mascara on eyes
Have you used a Velvety Matte Lip Crayon? Did you use Pinky Nude or another color? Know of another product similar to this one? Let me know because I want to hear about how this stacks up to others. Isn't there a product like this from NARS? Does that work well?

Beauty Newb Rating:✪✪✪✩✩
Available at Target and online at Target.com.
   

4 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! I'm not usually a big matte lover, but you made me want to pick this up!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gorgeous! Thank you for following my blog and I really love your blog :) Subbed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adding this to the list for my next Tar-jay run! ;) Great review!! Have you tried the Clinique Chubby Sticks? Only thing is, those are more glossy, but I love how moisturizing they are...one to try for sure, if you haven't already!

    Glad I found your blog! We're now following! We'd love to have you over on our blog for a visit. Drop us a comment if you do!

    Mendi @ Her Late Night Cravings
    http://www.herlatenightcravings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. The shade looks really good on you!

    ReplyDelete