Sunday, February 6, 2011

e.l.f. Eyelid Primer and High Definition Powder

e.l.f. HD Powder on the left and Eyelid Primer on the right
Studio High Definition Powder $6
I have to admit that I delayed the purchase of this powder because its one of the most expensive things on elf.com. Then it occurred to me that I buy $54 foundation, $29 eyeshadows, and $32 lipstick, sometimes--so later that week I received my $50 shipment of about 30+ products. That's why I have enough stuff to do e.l.f. Week, ya see, because oh man do I get to play around with colors!
e.l.f. High Definition Powder
      Now--the HD Powder is fantastically fine-milled finishing powder that feels ultra silky to the touch The puff this comes with does work, but I don't really use it because I am not going to wash it; I prefer the Studio Powder Brush. There seems to be a lot of product in here, and to get the matte finish you don't need much.

e.l.f. High Definition Powder
     Since my skincare is doing what my Mineral Veil (BE) was doing, this is a great bargain replacement. Seriously, I could save a fortune just using a concealer and this to mattify! Totally worth it.


Essentials Eyelid Primer $1
e.l.f. Eyelid Primer
As for the eyelid primer, you can look back over the last month's posts and notice that I use this almost everyday. This blends out totally sheer and needs a few to thirty seconds to set. Even on my days where my lids are super oily, this keeps my shadow fresh and in place for eight hours. I've had insomnia and had this last 20 hours without creasing. While the insomnia was unpleasant, I felt pretty until I passed out from exhaustion. Just a buck, what?! Whether on not you think you need it, get this as a part of your e.l.f. purchase because it comes in handy!
e.l.f. Eyelid Primer
Left to right: e.l.f. Eyelid Primer blended, unblended, High Definition Powder blended, unblended

See another great option for powder with Complexion Perfection!

Beauty Newb Rating:✪✪✪✪✪
Available at EyesLipsFace.com. Check online to find these products at a store near you.

3 comments:

  1. How does elf's primer compare to others you've tried? I know UDPP and Too Faced Shadow Insurance have cult followings, but damn are they expensive...and I've heard mixed reviews about bE's "Prime Time".

    Thanks in advance :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So the deal is that Prime Time never did me any favors at all and UD Primer Potion was a thick mess that did nothing it was supposed to on my eyes. Note: I have pretty oily lids, but this e.l.f. primer has a special place in my heart for letting me get the most out of my shadows, expensive and cheap ones alike! For a dollar, it's worth seeing if it works for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have pretty oily lids, too! Again, thanks for such a fast reply.

    Good to know - I'm going ULTA shopping tomorrow, and now that I know your opinion on how this compares, I plan to skip buying NYX's HD eye primer/base...if I can replace something with a paraben-free version, I usually try to do so. The lower price tag doesn't hurt, either ;)

    ReplyDelete