Sunday, January 23, 2011

Estée Lauder Pure Color EyeShadows in Honey Drop and Copper Penny

Single shadows are $20.00
Remember the reviews of EL products so far? Well, most of those were from the same purchase/gift with purchase and this is no exception (see also the High Gloss review, coming soon). I'm glad that I didn't just the Wild Sable line by it's cover--and by that I mean, I'm glad I didn't realize both were the same type of shadow because it may have tainted my decision to get the good brown of the matte Wild Sable. These two shadow from the sample palette, 47 Honey Drop and 54 Copper Penny, are another story all together.



I really have to tack on the comment "why is Honey Drop named that?" It's basically baby pink with a frost finish, so why honey? Bad branding, I guess. These colors coordinate...ok, and in all honesty I'm not wowed by any part of the formula or function. Pigmentation seems good until you need to wet a brush, scrub at the shadow to get the product and pat it on--don't intend to blend after that because you'll lose the pigment you were after. I'm somewhat bored by these, and I love me my neutrals of all shades. They are smooth and can blend well with a dry brush, but you'll see from the photos that the color doesn't....do anything. Even a shadow that is the same shade as my skin gives me a prettier look than these.

Honey Drop on the left, Copper Penny on the right; direct sunlight

Honey Drop on the left, Copper Penny on the right; shade

Honey Drop all over lid and Copper Penny in the crease

Honey Drop all over lid and Copper Penny in the crease
With Estée Lauder High Gloss in Honey on lips and Signature 5-Color Bronze Shimmer Palette on cheeks
Beauty Newb Rating:✪✪✪✪✩

No comments:

Post a Comment