Thursday, January 20, 2011

Compact Perfection: the e.l.f. Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder

($3.00 for 0.28 oz./8g)
This is a fantastic buy, seriously. A super flattering shade of pinky-coral blush and a well-pigmented and blendable bronzer (so that's good for fair lasses, too)! For me it is oh-so-easy to overdo bronzer, and this product isn't so much an exception as it is a workable option where there are few.


The slightly pinked coral blush has coral micro-shimmer which becomes more of a sheen on the skin while the bronzer is close to a perfectly matte medium brown/taupe. I think the very very little sparkle I'm seeing in the latter is cross-contamination from the former.

Ultra Bonus: HUGE MIRROR

Possible downside: there is no mini brush included which makes it a little harder to carry for on-the-go application, but it's an easy fix to carry a brush for touch-ups.
From Left: Bronzer (unblended then blended), Blush (unblended then blended)

From Left: Bronzer (unblended then blended), Blush (unblended then blended)

All-in-all a really nice amount of product and great quality for a mere three bucks, so I'm officially starting a must-have category in honor of my belief in this product. Cheers!

Beauty Newb Rating:✪✪✪✪✪
Available at some Targets and EyesLipsFace.com

Also seen in Face of the Day 1.18.2011 here.

Anyone else ever get this stuck in their head? Woke up with it on repeat.

2 comments:

  1. gorgeous !!! I think I'm going to get this one day, it seems like a perfect bronzer for me! great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha that is such a funny scene!!! I loved Moulan!! :) <3

    ReplyDelete