Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Estée Lauder Pure Color Eyeshadow in Wild Sable


Estée Lauder Pure Color EyeShadow in 04 Wild Sable ($20 for 0.07 fl oz.)

I've had an up and down love-hate-disappointed-pleasantly surprised relationship with Estée Lauder over the past year or so. I was so sold on certain things, and it was the first counter I stopped by in my blossoming search for foundation six months ago. Alas, the very nice SA who recommended I try a full coverage before a sheer, lighter formula foundation not only didn't give me what I came in asking for but gave me the absolutely wrong color for my skin. I returned the foundation, the brush I got to go with it, and everything else I bought at the time of that purchase because I was so frustrated she hadn't listened to me at all (or given me the right color eyeliner I had asked for). From then on, I don't ask for a makeup touch-up when I go in because I really think the SAs WAY over-do the product, but I am very hesitant to buy a single thing, even when I like it.

This eyeshadow, however, I do not regret. It's a matte taupe, and it's literally perfect. The powder is very fine, well-pigmented, smooth and blends very well. I am simply sold on this. I will say that this light-medium brown will most likely not show up on darker skin tones as a depth color, but may just be the overall color you're looking for on your lid (for a base or a no-makeup look).



Wild Sable with overcast daylight

Wild Sable with flash


Lauder's official website describes this as a matte/warm medium brown, but it blends out a little too light for me to wholly back that label (i.e. this color pay off isn't what I get when it's blended in the crease). At 20 bucks a pop, it better be the perfect color I'm looking for, and sometimes that is an impossible task (even as non-adventurous as I am when it comes to cosmetics). But...I have found a great staple in this particular shade, and that gives me faith that I will find more that I like in this line.

Beauty Newb Rating:✪✪✪✪✩
Estée Lauder is available at Macy's, Nordstrom, Saks Fifth Avenue, and their Official Site.

Also seen in Face of the Day 1.18.2011 here.

No comments:

Post a Comment