Sunday, October 9, 2011

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Treament Concealer Dark Circles Eraser

$9.99 for 0.2fl oz/8ml
 This morning was a coffee and tea type of morning; you know, one of those mornings where you got okay sleep, still need a double shot to wake up, and crave the soothing comfort of some warm tea with honey and in the chill of the morning. Yeah, that was my morning.

I've been trying to go through my clothes methodically and separate all those that I can wear to work from those that I can't wear at all now (thanks, weight-gain), and it is a pretty slow process that will take a few more loads of washing and more patience than originally anticipated. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited to work, but all the clutter around my living space makes me feel mentally unorganized for the task. My goal this weekend has therefore been to unpack, wash, dust, organize, and shove odds-and-ends into closets for later; I'm not quite succeeding, truth be told.

In terms of beauty during these long days staying completely inside, I know I shouldn't be wearing makeup just for myself (love thyself and all), but I can't help but walk by a mirror and think, "you look really tired." That does nothing to boost my moral--enter Maybelline Age Rewind Brightener Treatment Concealer.


First purchased when I was getting really bad sleep after I hurt my back about two months ago, this little tube of wonder has pulled me through nail services looking fresh and kept me from getting that much more down on myself while moving houses.
after some foundation under eyes only
It's harder to see in photographs because I've noticed my dark circles appearing far worse in person than in photos (thanks oil!), so partially, you'll have to take my word for it. I opened this at school one day really needing that boost in my makeup, and immediately, one of my fellow students went "wow, you look rested," right after I emerged from the bathroom. Dang, that felt good that day! Her and I have been hooked on this product ever since--she for late night waiting at a local restaurant and me for taking pretty photos in the daylight and feeling pretty behind the flash!
Maybelline Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Concealer in Brightener
I like to add a little more hydration under my eyes in the morning before using this, with my trusty Night Repair Eye, and then if the darkness is really grey, I throw on some skin-color concealer or a sweep of foundation. Sometimes I have to do a final blend of this Treatment Concealer because it will settle a bit into ultra-fine lines under my eyes, but after that touch-up blend, it doesn't budge.

This spongy, dome applicator is a cool idea, and more gentle on the skin around my eyes, but I have no way of knowing if it makes a big difference in this product's wear--still is nifty though. Maybelline Brightener (with Goji Berry and Haloxyl) takes very little product to smooth and brighten my under-eye, with sheer to medium pigmentation since brightening only takes a tint, and lasts for roughly 5-6 hours on me. You may be thinking that sucks in terms of wear, but I would rather reapply this for a fresh afternoon boost than notice it stays on but looks thicker and/or clumpy in fine lines like I've had some other concealers do. This is also why I put on some skin-color concealer underneath from time to time: it helps keep the darkness covered until I add some more brightener in the afternoon.

For those totally against reapplication, I would test this out and see how it fairs; it may wear off because I have such oily skin. Otherwise, this is a highly recommended product from some very picky and overworked estheticians!

Beauty Newb Rating: ✪✪✪✪✩
Available at convenience and drug stores like Walmart, CVS, and Kroger, and online.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the review! This product sounds great! It looks so lovely and fresh on you.

    ReplyDelete