Monday, October 3, 2011

e.l.f. All Over Color Stick in Golden Peach

$1.00 for approx. 0.3oz
I'm not a shimmer queen ...just making sure that is out there, on the table, before this review starts, so let's begin by acknowledging that shimmery products are far less appealing to me than matte and natural/dewy finish products. Now that that is out of the way, I'm a sucker for peaches, apricots, and corals; it was only natural that I would pick up e.l.f. Essentials All Over Color Stick in Golden Peach from the shelves of my neighborhood Target and dance home with high hopes! I had forgotten I basically already had it, whoops.

Golden Peach is one of the colors I have in the Shimmering Facial Whip formula, but compared to the other All Over Color Stick I have (Spotlight), Golden Peach seems a little less useful. The Whip formula is a little easier to work with because the thinner, fluid consistency means I don't have to rub to get pigment to show up. Golden Peach Stick is a sheer, shimmery version comparable to the Bobbi Brown Sheer Cheek Tint but not as moisture rich, hence the 'rubbing' in order to apply. Like Spotlight, I find this stick on the drier side of spreadable, and this characteristic may be partially to blame for its difficulty of use.

Perhaps it is because I have so much yellow (and pink from my natural flush) in my skin that Golden Peach Stick tends to have a hard time showing up (so much so that a face shot is worthless and after about 4 attempts, I've given up). Either way, I can't successfully layer enough on to have it show up and not be one breath away from smearing across my whole face. I'll have to endure just using this as a layer underneath powder blushes, which is fine because I have so many but sucks in terms of having a product that is relatively useless on its own. Tear... :*(

A previous review of a different color of e.l.f.'s All Over Color Stick: click here for Spotlight!
Beauty Newb Rating:✪✩✩✩✩
Available at Target and eyeslipsface.com

No comments:

Post a Comment