Friday, October 7, 2011

A Savings Smash Hit: Sephora Glossy Gloss in Candy Necklace

$10.00 for 0.5fl.oz/15ml
When I walked into Sephora during a recent mall trip with a friend, I thought she was going to be bored by a makeup store, so I quickly ran around a bit and tried on this Laura Mercier plumping gloss (the one in Pink Pearl) that looked and felt amazing immediately. Well, my friend wasn't bored at all, and I helped her find a fresh pink color that was low-hassle and low-maintenance since she rarely wears lip color at all. Throughout the hunt, I was starting to feel really intent on buying that Laura Mercier gloss I was wearing because every time I passed by a mirror I blinked at myself a bit and thought, "this looks good."
Sephora Glossy Gloss in Candy Necklace
After finally walking back over to pick up a box of the product, I saw the $30 price tag and just sighed loudly. I've been unable to get myself to drop $30 on a tube of Burberry Lip Cover that I've wanted to try since the brand announced their beauty line almost a year ago...so I couldn't get the plumping gloss...there was just no way. Within five minutes I had run straight over to the Sephora brand cosmetics and was wildly swatching to find the sheer, pale iridescent glow that I longed for, and VOILA! Candy Necklace!



Sephora Glossy Gloss in Candy Necklace is a sugary smelling and tasting, non-tacky gloss with sheer pigmentation and lasting shine. I get roughly 3 hours of wear time--a shortcoming made up for by the enormous 0.5 oz tube for a third the price of a possibly plumping gloss. Now, $10 is no super-cheap find now-a-days, but the satisfaction I have in paying a third for the full-effect of what I wanted in that instant is satisfaction enough for all, I think.
Sephora Glossy Gloss in Candy Necklace in daylight
The cap doesn't make the applicator tip super messy by pressurizing the top, and the gloss isn't so runny and goopy as to ooze out everywhere, destroying a perfectly good bag; I can't find anything I don't love about this product, and it's so simple and elegant on that I can't think of wearing anything else or anything easier than this gloss. It just gives my lips a healthy, young, luminous glow, and you can't get much better than that!

Beauty Newb Rating:✪✪✪✪✪
Available at Sephora stores and online.

No comments:

Post a Comment