Sunday, October 21, 2012

Mask of the Month: Aveda Enbrightenment Massage Masque

A creamy, moisturizing mask that is activated by massaging into the skin. The idea is that with the increased circulation you bring to the surface, your skin gets a healing boost from the mask's formula encouraging faster desquamation (cell shedding). This is a great-smelling, smooth mask that gives you a little something to do while it sits--and since there is no strange color and it blends into skin, you won't scare anyone around the house while using it! Enbrightenment is meant to reduce and treat hyperpigmentation due to sun-damage of post-inflammatory trauma (blemishes), so I am a prime candidate for seeing results with this masque.

Coupled with regular exfoliation, using Aveda Enbrightenment Massage Masque twice a week at night before moisturizer gives my skin a glow and a great boost in hydration. I use a spot treatment on any places that might be vulnerable to breakouts with the added weight of moisture--no issues so far,--and I personally only use enough so that I don't need to remove any. If you feel as though there is still a layer on top of your skin after massaging it in for a few minutes, you can wipe off the excess (do not wash off the rest).

Hyperpigmentation is notoriously hard to get rid of or even see results with beyond natural healing, but my skin is less prone to becoming so sharply red in post-blemish areas with regular use of this masque. My skin also feels generally healthier and is healing faster anyway since I started Enbrightenment; I'd like to think that every little bit of natural goodness this is providing is a step towards clearer, beautiful skin!

No comments:

Post a Comment