Thursday, September 22, 2011

Aveda Uruku Bronzer in 104 Amazonia

$24.00 for 0.3oz/8.5g

Aveda Uruku Amazonia Bronzer is a blend of a neutral, luminous medium brown and a redder, rusty brown shimmer that really wakes up my face. For all of my foundations in winter, I am so pale that without a little contouring I look as though I am about 1.5 feet in the grave, so something that catches the light and places with the shadows a bit keeps me feeling more among the living. Even now at the very last days of summer I find myself looking in the mirror, saying "good lord, where is my bronzer? I can't go out like this." Yes, my non-existent summer tan is more obvious now that the sun shines a little less brightly and radiates just a little bit cooler light; I'm out of summer-skin-luck!
top: the neutral, medium brown half of Amazonia; bottom: the rusty-brown half with golden sheen
To be perfectly clear, I certainly don't need to really layer on the bronzer to achieve the look I am going for in my day-to-day appearance, but I am pleased to report that Uruku Bronzers (both Amazonia and Brazilian Sun) have buildable and blendable color payoff. As always, you don't have to think very hard about how I most likely apply this (and every other product save for corrective color)...sheerly. I'm predictable that way. I am also so ingrained with the shame of having once-too-often overdone color in my youth (younger youth, that is) as to be unable to overdo the application in photos and swatches on my skin. I seriously freak out if color looks like too much on my skin, and now that I don't have the luxury of the first month of blogging, where I was at home all day and no one was looking, I can't really just experiment with heavier color and certainly not regularly.

wearing Aveda Apricot Whisper on cheeks, Aveda Amazonia Bronzer on temples and below blush as contour, Lotus Mineral Foundation, Estee Lauder Sumptuous Mascara, Aveda Shadow Trio in Twilight on eyes, and Dior Addict Lipstick in Basic on lips
Amazonia lasts about as well as its sister products on my skin, roughly 5-6 hours, but I do not reapply towards the afternoon/end of day. Those who layer bronzer on first thing will find this longer lasting than someone who sheerly applies it just after setting foundation and blush. Aveda products are as natural as the company can make them while keeping the product effective, and I think the Uruku pigments knock this one right out of the park: it remains one of the only natural, non-flat finish bronzers I can wear on my pale and oily skin. While you can use any complexion, blush, or bronzing blush, I will mention that the Uruku Bronzing kabuki brush from Aveda is one of the softest, and sturdiest, kabukis I have handled and is of great use when applying Amazonia.

Beauty Newb Rating:✪✪✪✪✩
Available at Aveda Professional Salons and Spas internationally and online at Aveda.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment