Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Dior Put Me In Extase with DiorShow Extase Mascara

$28.00 USD for 0.33oz
I have family visiting, so I will make this a blitz-post if there ever was one! I first discovered this mascara last holiday season from a very expensive Dior palette which included six eyeshadows, a blush, a sheer powder, a beautiful lipgloss called Flash (seriously can't get over that gloss), and this little mascara. I'm excited to use the palette for the coming holiday season, because hey! it's still good stuff, right? and I look forward to buying a full-sized version of this mascara some day far from now when I no longer worry about spreading my resources across many, many mascaras....

No, you say? It will never happen, you say? Well, sweethearts, for this one, it might just happen!
without makeup
wearing Kirkland Mineral Loose Eyeshadows, e.l.f. Coffee Eyeliner, and DiorShow Extase Mascara
Dior DiorShow Extase Mascara is a lengthening mascara whose wearable comfort is unparalleled--at least in my experience. Since I started wearing mascara almost a decade ago, I've never had a product that caused no irritation upon application--zero around the eyes, in the corners after blinking, in my nose because the product smell is so strong, on the lashes because I have to apply so thickly--no irritation, I repeat!

I also find that this formula has the best results with the least fuss, i.e. a few sweeps and you're done really. I can see why this was included in a holiday palette, easy on/easy off and all. On that note, I don't particularly like waterproof mascaras because they are murder to remove; being the heavy, lusty lover of sleep that I am, I don't take kindly to things that make me stay awake longer, and waterproof formulas of anything really stay on far too long after scrubbing them for my tastes!

Wearing Kirkland Mineral Eyeshadowse.l.f. Coffee Liner, Dior Extase Mascara, NARS Douceur Blush, and Aveda Peony Lip Tint with e.l.f. Under Eye Concealer and Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Concealer

So Extase is not sweat-proof as the non-waterproof formula would suggest, and infrequently (once in a blue moon) I find that all the oil from my eyelid has made a bit of black pigment sink beneath my lashline (note: never has this happened when I have eyeshadow that absorbs the oil on, only when I am wearing absolutely nothing on the lids and am having an oily day). Since comfort is king in my house, DiorShow has a deadringer of a Must Have product with this mascara, and I encourage you to try it out. I feel beautifully lifted, awake and bold for at least 16 hours wearing Extase, so if only I could feel that way about my skin itself, we'd have about seven blog-posts a day.... Get on that, will you, Dior?! People are WAITING!

Beauty Newb Rating:✪✪✪✪✪
Available in Black, Brown, and Plum at fine retailers such as Sephora, Macy's, Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue, and Bergdorf Goodman. I got mine from Nordstrom!

No comments:

Post a Comment