Thursday, January 6, 2011

MAC Viva Glam Makes Giving Glamorous and Effortless

MAC "Tis Noble to Give Viva Glam" Lip Bag $36.00
Purchased from Nordstrom.com

Full Disclosure: These are the only MAC things I own. Period. I've never had a brush, or eyeshadow, or foundation...nothing MAC, but when I was doing one of my marathon beauty binges online one day, I read about the Viva Glam line. According to MAC''s Website, the MAC AIDS Fund is a big part of the company and a big piece of its heart, plus the entire purchase price of these cosmetics goes towards that AIDS Fund. I'm sold!


I finally bit the bullet and said "if I'm going to buy anything to test whether I like the brand, it better be worth it to somebody," and that it is, THAT IT IS. Apart from coming in its Tartan Tale pouch, the MAC "Tis Noble to Give Viva Glam" from the Tartan Tale collection consists of Viva Glam V Lipstick and Viva Glam V Lipglass. The Lipstick is a lustre finish and totally gorgeous.



Viva Glam V Lustre

Lipglass Viva Glam V


From the online pics I was convinced these shades would be super light and be "whiteout" shades for my lips, but these are a gentle bronzed-mauve rose color that really flatters my fair-light warm skin tone. I think this would really flatter many though, because it has a hint of everything and doesn't distinctly lean towards one tone or another. Basically, they're really glamorous, just as their name implies.

Wearing both Lipstick and Lipglass Viva Glam V
Beauty Newb Rating: (lipstick) ✪✪✪✪✩; (gloss) ✪✪✪✩✩

No comments:

Post a Comment