Saturday, January 22, 2011

Serum Saturday: Estée Lauder Idealist Pore Minimizing Skin Refinisher

($46.50 for 1.0 fl oz.)
Oh man, all I want to do right now is tear into my newly arrived Vogue issue and screw the posting for the day, but alas, I have a Serum scheduled and have important things to say about this one. Maybe just a peek at one article....NO, BAD BLOGGER, bad bad blogger. Focus!

Today, we have a great serum to take a look at with Estee Lauder's Idealist. It's soft and smooth, absorbs easily and leaves your skin feeling very fresh. Here's what the brand's website describes (from EL.com):

"This fast-acting serum delivers our most dramatic skin resurfacing benefits-more efficiently than ever before. With Idealist, your skin looks and feels like your ideal skin: 
Virtually poreless. Pores appear 1/3 smaller-instantly. See a 69% reduction in the look of pores in just 4 weeks. 
Unbelievably soft and smooth. 
Repairs the look of uneven skin texture, flakiness and roughness.Smooth it on and instantly enjoy that soft, seamless, silky feeling you love. 
Incredibly clear and even-toned. 
See more clarity and luminosity. Gives skin an overall more even tone."
I would not have described my pores as 1/3 smaller instantly, but over the use of the whole bottle I would say my pores shrank significantly (I finished this bottle in August/September 2010). However, my skin felt great to a certain temperature point--my skin in summer with humidity is an oil slick and can't be helped after about +95 degrees. This skin refinisher controlled most of the oil for a fair part of the day, but not after 6-8 (temperature dependent) hours. Bottom line, it did help, not prevent, the oil accumulation, so I moved on to trying other serums when I finished this ounce.

I have some complaints that are very nit-picky, like the pump can't get all of the product. What you can see is left in the pics is probably 2-3 applications worth that I can't get to; that's aggravating when you pay near $50/oz, and for an oil aid not solution, you see my beef with this. I'll post my replacement for this next Saturday which is more expensive but and exponential improvement on the oil control. Stay tuned!

All-in-all, if you already like Estee Lauder, check out this serum; it may be that my skin just didn't receive this well with the increase in humidity and stress (I moved at the time). It did make my skin feel smooth and beautiful on the unbroken out parts (definitely not from the serum, fyi). For the price, it can go both ways: there are more expensive products that do what this claims to do better, but they are 50% to 150% more costly. Final question: how much oil do you need to control and how much are you willing to pay for it?

Beauty Newb Rating:✪✪✩✩✩
Available at EsteeLauder.com and fine department stores.

Happy Saturday! Can I read my magazine yet....?

No comments:

Post a Comment