Thursday, January 27, 2011

Dior HydraLife Pro-Youth Comfort Cream for Dry Skin

This is a lovely moisturizer that while it may have induced a thin film of oil on my face by the time I awoke the next morning never broke me out. That is a rare thing indeed, which is why I can say that this is not a clogging formula even for my combo/oily skin!

But Anie, why did you buy a moisturizer for dry skin? Well, with the weather finally getting into the 2-degree-but-feels-like-minus-3 range, my skin has been getting flaky around the nose and chin. The nose is partially due to allergies and a runny nose, but the fact still stood--I needed moisture! So the SA at Nordstrom was very specific in saying that although the Comfort Creme was not for normal/combo or even oily skin, it would give me the extra moisture I was looking for. She was....not entirely correct but didn't give me a product that didn't work.


This Comfort Creme, in order to not leave a thicker film on my face in the morn, needs to be applied very sparingly, which gives me moisture but not as much as I was hoping for. My skin is certainly not dry anymore, the flaking has healed and gone away, and I love the smell and texture of this product. I feel fresh after I put it on, and it's a heavy creme (props for the texture, Dior).

All-in-all, it's better suited for those with naturally dry skin, not those who are just experiencing some dryness temporarily. However, it is a genuinely great product that made my skin feel comfortable when it was on and for the whole period I was using it. It's worth a look, and you don't need that much for the pay-off. Because of these things, $56 for 1.7 oz. is a good deal that will last you for a while, especially if it works for you when not much else does.

Beauty Newb Rating:✪✪✪✩✩
Available at fine department stores such as Saks, Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, and Sephora.

No comments:

Post a Comment