Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A Look at Estée Lauder Signature Lipstick in Mocha

Mocha Lipstick with flash
Estée Lauder Signature Hydra Lustre Lipstick ($21.00) usually comes in gold ribbed tube which has (I'm guessing) about 0.14 oz, but I got this in a gift with purchase. In terms of formula, it's not the most moisturizing lipstick and pulls just a touch at my lips when I don't add a bit of balm underneath. Since I didn't purchase it specifically, I didn't expect the color to be a shade for me; I'm not that lucky.

Mocha in overcast daylight

Mocha (28) is a medium taupe with BARELY there, hardly noticeable in-the-bullet micro-shimmer. The shimmer is so fine that I can't tell what color it is, and it doesn't show when applied (go figure!). It is described as hydrating, but I don't feel it. It is described as "seduc[ing] ever curve of your lips," which is does in the sense of showing ever line and dry crack on your pie-hole.

There has also been a significant distance on the application at minor temperature changes; with the winter temp in my house and some cold nights, the lipstick, as I described it, pulls a bit and feels like a waxy layer on my lips (not comfy). A few degrees warmer and the formula does slip on more easily and feels like it melts into the lips much better, but I don't get this sudden transformation from any other lipsticks I can think of. The color itself is too dark for me and my fair skin, but a tanner lovely will love the nude-brown hue (warm or cool skin tones alike).
Mocha in overcast daylight

Mocha with flash

Final thought, I personally won't be buying this lipstick line unless it's revamped or I found a much better shade. I expect more from $21.
Beauty Newb Rating:✪✪✩✩✩

No comments:

Post a Comment