Saturday, January 22, 2011

e.l.f. Complexion Perfection Is Basically My Savior

($3.00 for 0.48 oz./13.5g)
You know, when you have oily skin, it's not usually the shininess in the light that really gets to you but the feeling oily, as if you haven't tried everything to keep the oil at bay. That's how I feel towards the end of the day, since it's winter now, and ALL the time during summer. In humidity, and I've clocked this, it takes about six minutes out of air conditioning, shade, or indoors to put a thin film on my forehead and chin. It's horrifically frustrating, and since I was using BareMinerals, oil is difficult to control carrying around Mineral Veil in loose powder with a relatively full-sized face brush and buffing and tapping while holding things in both hands and taking up counter space with my purse. God forbid there be no ladies' room around to duck in to. There was also no compact mirror in that scenario, btw!

This powder from e.l.f. (short for eyeslipsface) combats pretty much everything: sallowness, redness, uneven tone, signs of fatigue, and shine. To be fair (no pun intended) it is easier for all of these things to feature prominently on really fair skin, like mine, so this powder does have a very pale lean. However, it can be used in moderation to just powder over shine instead of leave pigment because any actual pigment this compact would leave is in heavy doses. Just beware of overdoing it and whiting yourself out. A few pats and it is translucent.

Left to right: blended and unblended Complexion Perfection
All-in-all, seriously 3 bucks for a nice powder with huge mirror and the pigment to decrease redness and all that other stuff, I'm all over it. One downside, no brush, but that means I get to choose the type I want, and I think regular sized brushes are easier to remember to wash, etc.

Beauty Newb Rating:✪✪✪✪✩
Available at eyeslipsface.com and some Targets.
In shaded daylight

With flash

No comments:

Post a Comment