Friday, January 7, 2011

Get CHANEL color for only 3 Bucks with a Minty Twist


I'm on the fence about CHANEL Glossimers, I really am. They don't really do much for me in terms of the feel of the overall product, but for Holiday 2010, Chanel kicked my pocketbook really hard with Pink Pulsion Glossimer. It's sooooo pretty to look at, and much to my dismay sooooo not the best color on me.

In a vain attempt a few months ago to make the Chanel Holiday 2010 look using only e.l.f. products (i.e. for less than the cost of just one piece of the Chanel collection) I ordered a huge haul of e.l.f., one product of which was Minty Lip Gloss in New York City. I was actually surprised by how much I liked the Minty Gloss because I liked it more than the Chanel (WHAT? Blaspheme, go wash your mouth!)




The very slight difference in color is that the Chanel is bluer, just a bit, and on my warm skin tone it just doesn't work as well. It's probably unnoticeable to most people looking right at you while wearing either, um, but I'm picky, so their different. And the cheaper one freshens my breath, too.

You are getting more product for the steeper price of Chanel ($27 for 0.19 oz) and nicer, sturdier packaging. The e.l.f. Minty Gloss doe foot is flimsy and doesn't pull out much product but gets the job done. I'm also about halfway through the tube, which is both a good and bad thing as I love to see progress in finishing the products I buy and you might dislike constantly repurchasing such a small amount of product. I can't find the carton right now, but I would estimate the e.l.f. Gloss has 0.10 oz inside.

Again, this is basically a "duh" in terms of comparisons because I use one more and like the other a little less. Chanel looks pretty, and I do use it but infrequently and most likely will never get full use out of the whole tube. Honestly, perhaps I do have a very different idea of "useful cosmetics" because almost no other blog I read would ever say that I prefer the e.l.f. gloss HANDS DOWN.


Thoughtful Kitty says "I concur."

Beauty Newb Rating: (Chanel) ✪✪✪✩✩; (e.l.f.) ✪✪✪✩✩

No comments:

Post a Comment