Friday, January 7, 2011

Physicians Formula Organics (Tint, Powder, and Mascara)


Physicians Formula has a full line of Organic cosmetics that I just had to try. My requirements were as follows: 1) have a fair enough option in a tinted moisturizer, 2) don't be as expensive as my Dior HydraLife, and 3) be easy to find because I like to know what products to trust that I can purchase in case of loss on a trip or something. Wouldn't you know it--Physicians Formula fit every bill!

For starters the 100% Natural Origin Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15 is creamy and just thin enough to spread breezily across my skin. It's $9.95 for a 1.5 fl.oz tube and comes in four shades (Ivory-Fair, Fair-Light, Light-Natural, Natural-Tan). I'm still on the Ivory side of Ivory-Fair, so you may be starting to get an idea of how pale I am and how hard to find bases it is. On the left below is my clean bad-half before application; on the right one thin coat of Organic Wear.



A fairly significant difference, I think, and even more noticeable in person. You can (and I do) layer on for more coverage, though I'd still categorize it as sheer coverage overall. My skin (combination and sensitive) has had no adverse reaction to using this instead of my usual moisturizer. I has a slight smell like sunscreen, but not the harsh chemical smell, just a scent that reminds me of pine or wood in general. It's nice.

Beauty Newb Rating: (tint) ✪✪✩✩✩; (powder) ✪✪✪✪✩

I also purchased the 100% Natural Origins Mascara in Ultra Black Organics ($9.95 for 0.26 oz) which comes in packaging my boyfriend describes as cute (I thought the same thing) and the 100% Natural Origin Pressed Powder in Translucent Light Organics ($13.95 for 0.3 oz). The powder comes with a mirror and small brush (which I used for the first week I had it and sometimes still do. The powder is fine, blends beautifully, and leaves my skin looking matte, not powdered as some setting powder does.


Without Mascara
With Organic Wear in Ultra Black
This mascara works really well on me, and unlike some mascaras the smell so much they burn my eye a little at application, the same pine scent of this product disappears almost instantly. I've has no irritation or fallout and am able to wash it off without rubbing.

Beauty Newb Rating: (mascara) ✪✪✪✪✩

So, here's the completed look, with powder and a bit of concealer (Physicians Formula, of course). And any other products I used are in the picture below that.

Wearing Physicians Formula Organic Wear Tinted Moisturizer, Mascara in Ultra Black, Pressed Powder, Powder  Finish Concealer in Green and Yellow; e.l.f. Shimmering Facial Whip in Pink Lemonade; Dior Diorshow Brow Styler; and MAC Viva Glam V Lustre Lipstick

No comments:

Post a Comment