Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Pixi Flawless & Poreless Primer Is Not For My Skin

($28.00 for 1.01 fl oz.)
I gave a good shot with this sample size; I used the whole thing. Mostly I used it a few months back when the humidity was still enough to break me out, so I just had the thought that this primer didn't feel quite right to me. Now, I used it once yesterday, and after a week of not a single new blemish, I have two right on my chin. I'm pretty sure it's this primer, so with combo/oily or sensitive skin I don't specifically recommend it.



Pixi Flawless and Poreless Primer has the skin-tint consistency of Clinique's City Block, and for me, doesn't smooth my skin out like a primer should. The product is labeled Oil-free but actually feels quite greasy when first applied. While it does settle into the skin well, I still felt as though I had slathered on too much of the wrong type of moisturizer. I won't be buying the full-sized product not just because of the breakouts but also because there are better primers out there that do what primers should do. Sorry, Pixi, but this is a huge miss for me.

If you don't have the same type of skin I do, this may work for you, especially if the extra hydration is something you're looking for in a primer and oil-production's not an issue. The texture is creamy and applies well, so this may be one of those many things that irritates my skin but not many others'.

Beauty Newb Rating:✪✩✩✩✩
Available at Target and PixiBeauty.com

Also seen in Face of the Day 1.18.2011 here.

No comments:

Post a Comment