Sunday, January 30, 2011

Rimmel London Stay Matte Clarifying Foundation in Ivory 100

$6.99 for 1 fl. oz
It's a sweatshirt kind of day for me. I keep getting just the most mediocre sleep ever, not bad but certainly not good, and it's most likely because my sodium intake is through the roof (yes, I have had high blood pressure in the past because I love salty foods). But, after feeding Sparky and spending some time with that big furball, I got down to blogging business and am now reviewing my favorite drugstore foundation.
"Shine Control for 12 hours matte coverage. With SkinPure Complex for a visibly purified complexion and gentle botanical extracts to hep soothe sensitive skin. Oil-free. Non-comedogenic. Non-acnegenic. Fragrancefree. Paraben free."
Rimmel London is my favorite drugstore brand pretty-much-period because I am an anglophile and because I find a consistent idea behind all their products. This foundation may not be literally clarifying my skin, but it's not clogging my pores or making my skin itch; I don't get an oil slick on my face by end-of-day and can carry this around with me constantly as 'backup.'


Since 100 Ivory is a good reach from my winter coloring, I had to apply a very thin layer in order not to look completely ridiculous. However, my skin does warm up a good bit in summer, and this is going to be a big staple for that season.

It's probably best applied with a brush if you like a more clean coverage (sheer to light) because otherwise it will go matte and patchy while you are trying to rub it in with fingers. It even started matting on my hand before I finished applying with my brush. My skin looks quite healthy with this on, and it doesn't accentuate dryness at all. I cannot detect any scent from this in the tube or on the face. For the price, this is a magnificent drugstore steal...if you can find the right color for you.
Rimmel Stay Matte in 100 Ivory on face, e.l.f. blush on cheeks, Borghese for Kirkland Lip Shine in Bliss and Mascara in Black
Beauty Newb Rating:✪✪✪✩✩
Available at drug stores such as CVS Pharmacy.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, you have an interesting blog!!

    I'm realy interested into Rimmel products lately so this is a perfect timing to read about their foundation! :) Looks beautiful on you, wow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be grabbing way more drugstore brand stuff to review soon! I will be sure to get some extra Rimmel (one of my favorites so I need no excuse) just because you asked...I love this stuff.

    Thanks for reading. Let me know if you're interested in other brands too.

    ReplyDelete