Saturday, February 19, 2011

Serum Saturday: philosophy When Hope Is Not Enough Facial Firming and Lifting Serum

$38.00 for 1.0 fl oz. or $87.50 for 4.0 fl oz.
About a year ago, yet another acne system started to fail after roughly 6 weeks of decent results. The blemishes didn't come back worse, but they did come back seemingly more painful. Then the frequency went down when I switched to a sensitive skin cleanser, but there were still several coming in every day. It's weird to have found something that works since then, but one key thing that helped heal the old scars and quicken the recovery from the new blemishes was the philosophy No Makeup Kit, which included this serum.

I know that it's targeted for aging skin, but lifting and firming are done mostly through stimulating the regeneration of skin cells. My scars healed faster, which was the point, so I know for a fact that this does something. I can't attest to its efficacy in lessening wrinkles and fine lines, but I can tell you that it speeds cellular regeneration in order to improve your skin. Healing is good; vitamins are really good too. So this power-packed formula is worth it since I have finished my second bottle already!

philosophy When Hope Is Not Enough Lifting and Firming Serum
Expect a thin-syrupy texture with a light yellowed-brown color in a brown glass bottle. The eyedropper that picks up product can't get to all the stuff in the bottom, so when it gets low I tend to lay this on the side and/or prop it upside down. Since the liquid is thin, this way you get all the serum out.

Beauty Newb Rating:✪✪✪✩✩
Available at retailers such as Sephora, Ulta, and department store counters. I got my second tube at Nordstrom.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like it works well! I'll have to ask for a sample next time I'm at Sephora.

    ReplyDelete