Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Beat the Frost with Summer - Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in Summer Angel

Rimmel Summer Angel Moisture Renew Lipstick SPF 18
This, ladies and gents, was a pleasant surprise I brought back from CVS several months ago. I wore it constantly for a month or so and then tried to push the box and go a bit darker for fall and winter. I didn't ever get much darker but more moved on to obsessive collecting of new products. Tons of new stuff later, I am again surprised when revisiting this.

First, the awesome: the color of this is a rosy beige with silver-frost finish and this lasts about 3-4 hours on me. My lips do feel moist while I wear it, but they don't feel moisturized after this lipstick wears off. In that sense, it doesn't seem to be imparting any moisture into my lips, just on top of them.
Rimmel Moisture Renew Summer Angel in daylight
Rimmel Moisture Renew Summer Angel with flash
So the not so good is as follows. There is a powder scent to these which I don't find overwhelming, just rather powerful. While I love the crown emblem on the slant of the cap, the rest of the packaging also feels cheap. I haven't had any incidents of it popping open, and I have cheaper, but it's not something I'm super proud to show around. There is transfer when eating and drinking, so also be aware of that.
bare lips

Wearing Rimmel Moisture Renew Summer Angel

Wearing Rimmel Moisture Renew Summer Angel on lips
Summary: Product is worth a shot but don't expect to be proud of the packaging or the scent (which is undetectable after a few minutes).

Beauty Newb Rating:✪✪✪✩✩
Available at drugstores such as CVS for $6.99 (0.14 oz).

1 comment:

  1. its a really pretty neutral colour :)


    http://beautyaddictanonymous.blogspot.com/

    x

    ReplyDelete