Tuesday, February 8, 2011

e.l.f. Eye Brightening Liner Pencil and Eye Widener

e.l.f. Brightening Eyeliner ($1 for 0.04 oz approx.)
To be honest, I wear at least one e.l.f. product everyday (color product, not just primer or powder), but actively trying to use as many of the brands products as possible together, and do that multiple different times, is really hard. Today, my look was outright too much for me; I did not wear it out, and no human saw me in that makeup face-to-face. That's not to say I would never wear the eyeshadow out, or the lips (which felt awesome and lasted about five hours), just not all at once. At least you got to see the products in action, right? Did you like the look?
Brightening Eyeliner from top to bottom: Plum, Coffee, Black, Pearl White
As for these fine little guys,  e.l.f.'s Brightening Pencil Eyeliners are a bit harder than I'd like but do still line well. Though I want the formula to be creamier and a touch softer, I find a sheer to medium application strength and a wear time of 5-6 hours. After that mark I notice significant fading and/or see no liner left. Clearly, however, I favor both the Plum and Coffee nonetheless.
Left to Right: Pearl White (Widener), Black, Coffee, Plum in daylight
 I should also mention my preferences over these. I definitely prefer the cream liners to these because trying to get a dark line with these can feel like your scratching your lid. These pencils also can't be smudged out at all, so don't even try.
Left to Right: Pearl White (Widener), Black, Coffee, Plum with flash
These are my most used colors, except for white (just skip the Widener pencil, choose the cream Ivory instead), and I would absolutely drop these in a makeup bag so as to touch up the cream. I wouldn't want to try to reapply that on the go, and I don't need a brush for these. If you are going out at night, throw in the black liner to keep those lashes defined; I have yet to have these melt while I'm sweating!

Bottom line: It isn't a huge mistake to skip these, but they do have their uses.

Beauty Newb Rating:✪✪✪✩✩
Available at EyesLipsFace.com. Check online to find these products at a store near you.
      

No comments:

Post a Comment